Hari Kumar's practice focuses on a wide range of commercial litigation matters. Prior to joining DKM Law Group, Hari had extensive experience working in both the civil and criminal legal arenas. Most recently, Hari worked as a Post Graduate Legal Fellow at the California Department of Justice, Health, Education and Welfare division and also clerked for the Sacramento County Public Defender’s office.
Hari earned his Bachelor of Arts degree with Honors in International Relations and Business Management from the University of St. Andrews. He also graduated with a Master of Science degree from the University of Oxford in Modern South Asian Studies.
Hari received his J.D. from the UC Davis School of Law. During law school Hari clerked for Justice William Murray of the California Third District Court of Appeal and also served as the Senior Articles Editor for the UC Davis School of Law’s Journal of International Law and Policy. Additionally, Hari was a member of the UC Davis Trial Practice Honors Board and competed in a number of mock trial and moot court competitions.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage and Insurance Bad Faith Issues
- Business Litigation
- Financial and Banking Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Business and Real Estate
University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 2017
- Senior Articles Editor, Journal of International Law and Policy
- Trial Practice Honors Board Member
- Western Regional Delegate for the North American South Asian Law Student Association
- Research Assistant for Professor Rex Perschbacher, the Daniel J. Dkystra Endowed Chair
University of Oxford, Oxford, England
- MSc - 2014
- Modern South Asian Studies
University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Scotland
- B.A., with honors - 2011
- International Relations
- Business Management
- Member of St. Andrews Union Debating Society